Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon in Mumbai
- D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre.
- Habib Hospital
- Prince Aly Khan Hospital
- Saifee Hospital
- Asian Heart Institute and Research Centre
- After completion its academic, fellowship and certification, he has several years working experience and currently in private practice since 1988
- Conducted Multiple FREE Plastic Surgery Camps
- A project under aegis of the Jaycees, Yavatmal, India has obtained “Best Medical Project” and “Best Community Services” awards
- He served over 1000 patients in this project.
- Has conducted Multiple FREE Plastic Surgery Camps under the aegis of the Lions Club
- These cosmetic camps also done in Mombasa Bahari in Mombasa, Kenya as also the Rotary Club of Eldoret in Eldoret, Kenya
- Intermediate Science – Jaihind College – University of Bombay – April 1975 – 1st attempt – 1st Class
- B.B.S. – Topiwala National Medical College – University of Bombay – October 1979 – 1st attempt
- C.F.M.G. Exam – January 1981 – 1st attempt
- S. – (Gen. Surgery) University of Bombay – October 1983 – 1st attempt
- Ch. (Plastic Surgery) – University of Bombay – May 1986 1st attempt
- Fellowship in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Paris, France, November 1987 to October 1988
- Research Fellow in Plastic Surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital 1/4/87 – 30/9/87
- Registrar in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/2/85 – 28/2/87
- House Officer in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/9/84 – 31/1/85
- Registrar in General Surgery at Rajawadi Hospital 1/9/82 – 31/8/84
- House Officer in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/3/82 – 31/8/82
- House Officer in Orthopaedic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/9/81 – 28/2/82
- House Officer in General Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/3/81 – 31/8/81
A total of 3 years in General Surgery and 20 yrs in Plastic Surgery entailing :
- Experience in Microsurgery
- Extensive experience in congenital deformities like cleft lip, cleft palate, hypospadias etc.
- Extensive experience in Cosmetic Surgery procedures including Abdominoplasty, Autologous Hair transplantation, Breast surgery (augmentation, reconstruction or reduction), Blepharoplasty, Dermabrasion, Otoplasty, all Facial aesthetic surgical procedure, Liposuction Rhinoplasty and other body contouring procedures,
- Extensive experience in independent management of post-cancer and post-traumatic reconstructions, bedsore reconstructions etc.
- Independent management of major and minor surgical cases in all age groups
- Management of a wide variety of acute trauma cases like head / face / neck / chest / abdomen injuries, complex injuries to the extremities, burns etc.
- Proficient in the use of Lasers. especially the Coherent Diode Laser (“Light Sheer”) for hair removal and other laser hair removal techniques.
- Total surgical care of elective and emergency cases in large central, peripheral and private hospitals.
- Paper titled “The use of muscle flaps for large infected wounds” read at Gulfplast ’97, held at Bahrain, October 1997
- Paper titled “In favour of the Open Rhinoplasty” read at Gulfplast ’97, held at Bahrain, October, 1997.
- Paper titled “Use of midline scrotal skin for difficult urethral reconstructions” read at the Annual Conference of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, held in Bombay, August 1992.
- Paper titled “Eye socket reconstruction after exenteration – a new approach” read at the Xth Congress of the International Confederation for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery held in Madrid, Spain, July 1992.
- Paper titled “Use of the Tensor Fascia Lata Myocutaneous Flap for closure of bedsores” read at the Annual Conference of the French Society of Plastic Surgeons held in Paris, 1988.
- Dissertation on Blunt Abdominal Trauma – a Study of 40 cases
- Dissertation on Pressure Sores – a study of 50 cases
Professionally Associated with:
- Indian Medical Association
- ‘D’ Ward Medical Association, Mumbai
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India