Senior Consultant Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery & Transplant Surgeon, Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship (2007-2009)
- American Society of Transplant Surgeon
- CCST (UK), 2008.
- FRCS (Intercollegiate, UK), 2007.
- MD (University of Newcastle, UK), 2006.
- FRCS (Royal college of Surgeons of Edinburgh), 1997.
- MS (General Surgery), (University of Mumbai, India), 1994.
- MBBS (University of Patna, India), 1990.
- Rakesh Rai after completing his education got trained extensively in UK as Specialist Registrar in General Surgery and worked in vascular and transplantation (Liver. kidney and pancreas).
- He trained in few of the most famous transplants units in England including – Freeman Hospital Newcastle, Royal Free Hospital, London, and Queen Elizabeth hospital, Birmingham.
- For his service he was awarded MD by the University
- After completion of his specialists training, he obtained FRCS (Intercollegiate) and is registered on the specialty register of General Medical Council, UK
- Completed his American Society of Transplant Surgeons accredited fellowship in Liver
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation from Methodist Transplant institute in Memphis, TN
- Following three years of training in USA he visited Asan Medical Center and Seoul National University, Korea
- Completed International Fellow for advanced laparoscopic liver and pancreatic surgery and living donor liver transplantation and
Authorized Member of:
- American society of Transplant surgeon (ASTS)
- International HPB Association (IHPBA)
- Indian society of Transplant surgeons (ISOT)
- Indian association of surgical gastroenterologist (IASG)