Medical Oncology, Mumbai, India.
Currently Practicing As:
Senior Consultant, International Oncology Centre, Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai.
- Dr Suresh Advani is a famous oncologist who pioneered stem cell transplantation in Mumbai as well as all over India.
- He completed his Masters in oncology from Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- From Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre, Seattle, Washington, gained his experience in bone marrow transplantation field.
- He is a leading oncologist in India with experience of 25 years
- he has been involved with Medical Oncology / Hematology since 1974
- He is the first oncologist in India to have successfully performed a bone-marrow transplant surgery
- He performed his first pediatric bone marrow as his first ever transplantation surgery
- Recipient of the prestigious “Dhanvantari Award” for outstanding contributions to medicine (2002)
- Recipient of the prestigious “PADMASHRI” by Government of India (2002)
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005)
- Recipient of the prestigious Dr. BC Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005)
- Awarded Nazli Gad-el-Mawla Award by The International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research (2005)