- Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery
- In March 1987, Dr. Ilyas left India to join Al-Noor Specialist Hospital, Makkah, K.S.A. as Specialist Plastic Surgeon for almost 3 years.
- Then for almost 1 year he worked as Registrar at the Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, London.
- For next one year he was appointed as Senior Registrar at the University College Hospital and the Middlesex Hospital, London for one year.
- In Feb, 1993, he returned to India and joined at The Pioneer Hospital, Nagpur as Consultant Plastic Surgeon.
- In 1994, he was invited to work as Locum Senior Registrar and consultant plastic surgeon at The University College Hospitals, London.
- He was invited as faculty at the Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Sawangi, Wardha, to demonstrate Cleft Rhinoplasty and Cleft Lip surgery in Feb. 2007 by The Asso. of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons of India.
- In 1975, he received National Merit Scholarship for duration of MBBS.
- He received “Sir Syed Ahmad Trophy” in 1996 for excellence in service to poor in Nagpur Region.
He owned lifetime memberships for many associations:
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- Aesthetic Surgeons of India
- Indian Society for Surgery of the Hand
- National Academy of Burns
- Micro-vascular Surgeons of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Breast Reduction
- Fore-head & Brow lift
- Neck lift
- Body contouring
- Post-burn reconstructions